1. Scientific Naturalism (SN), which is the prevailing modern scientific and mainstream worldview, by definition cannot account for the supernatural (i.e., immaterial and transcendent from nature) and its explanatory power is limited to natural and implicitly non-intelligent sources.
2. The natural universe is clearly governed by intelligible complex code - code that implies an Intelligent Developer (I.e., God) above/outside of nature (I.e., supernatural)
3. God can manipulate and accelerate His code in ways that would not match an internal observer’s natural perceptions/measurements (e.g., adult humans fully formed, 6 day creation, water into aged wine, etc.).
4. SN cannot naturally and scientifically account for the origin of the code (inherent order), origin of the universe (ultimate causality), origin of the mind (consciousness and purposefulness from chaos), or the origin of life (abiogenesis) and rely on their faith in “Scientific Naturalism of the Gaps” (SNG) which presupposes sufficient progressive knowledge about time, matter, energy, space, and happenstance = everything.
- Nothing + Happenstance -> Everything
- Matter and energy + Happenstance -> Life
- Chaos + Happenstance -> Order
- Chemical reactions + Happenstance -> Consciousness
- Inorganic goo + Happenstance -> Humans
5. Given the limitations of SN and the evidence above, it is reasonable to presuppose a supernatural Intelligent Developer (I.e., God) that has complete control over Creation’s program source code and is not beholden to its rule sets. He has revealed His Creation timeline in Scripture and any attempts to reconcile it to SN is presuppositional capitulation.
6. The Biblical Christian God supplies the framework for the most intelligible and cohesive understanding of God, creation, and the place of humans within it. I.e., A loving Creator-Father purposed to glorify His Son as the Savior and Judge of a creature to whom He has imparted an eternal spirit and individual sentience and made the object of divine Justice and Mercy. Those that are saved by Grace will be glorified through Christ in eternal communion and those that are condemned will receive the consequences of eternity separated from God’s Mercy. He revealed and curated this truth over time by the Holy Spirit via the Bible; the Biblical Christian’s primary material authoritative source of truth.
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
…and Scripture cannot be broken