Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Instill Panic (The New Plan)
A TREND worth watching.
(You may need to pay attention ... QUICK!!!)
Were you aware that THE PLANET IS IN PERIL!?
CNN is hosting a two part special report entitled "PLANET in PERIL". Issues covered by the report include "global warming, species loss, habitat loss, and overpopulation". The website for the special conducts a poll to see if participants think the world is ALREADY OVERPOPULATED. A special "education" section suggests after classroom presentations related to the report, teachers should "instruct each group to brainstorm all the ways that its environmental issue is connected to the others. Next, have representatives from each group stand in a large circle with signs denoting their environmental issues. Give one representative a large ball of string. Have him or her hold on to one end of the string and toss the ball to another representative while explaining a connection between their issues. Have all the representatives repeat the same steps, tossing the ball of string to each other until they have identified all the connections and built a web between their issues." In addition, an "impact" section encourages individuals to effect change since "BAD THINGS HAPPEN in the world EVERY DAY. But good can result and one person can impact the world." [Capitals, my emphasis]
Former VP Al Gore has sounded his GLOBAL WARNING ALERT.
A commercial for a special by journalist Ted Coppell states the population in our prisons are dangerously high and "our prisons ARE BEING OVERRUN."
The list could go on.
Here are my questions:
1. What are the spiritual/worldview beliefs and positions (in addition to the personal, political, and financial issues) behind these programs/agendas?
2. WHY THE NEW & URGENT SUGGESTION OF PERIL & PANIC? Why motivate on the basis of FEAR rather than Love, Stewardship, Altruism, etc.? (What's behind it?)
IS THIS SIMPLY:
2. Issues like the environment are the latest hot topic issues?
3. Social, environmental, & deed oriented issues are the new means of connecting (emotionally, politically/financially) with the emerging generation? Note: not only is CNN dealing with these issues (from a 'threat' standpoint) but Newt Gingrich is promoting a vision/impact movement on some issues from the conservative side (though promotions thus far seem to cast it from a more positive perspective)...OR
4. Have those who possess a non-theist and man centered worldview (the very ones who like to accuse Christians of using "scare tactics" (the threat of hell) to scare people and get their money... now begun preaching their own scare tactics which while simply calling for individuals to make an impact (by giving to organizations/charities like the Red Cross, etc.) are doing by instilling fear rather than appealing to virtue?
While I've yet to study this matter, I present the trend as something worthy for believers to take note of. What's certain is that while we've been called to be good stewards, we've not been given a spirit of fear, though the world seems to be seeking to instill one!
Perhaps an opportunity not only for displaying the peace and confidence we possess in the presence of those who give way to panic, but an opportunity for communicating a message of hope and reaching others with the gospel.
As a previous post on creation/evolution pointed out, there's nothing new about the world hanging by a thread. If you observe all the things that must be in order and within limits (including not just temperatures, oxygen levels, etc. but the very laws that govern the universe) in order for life to continue, it's only by the authority and grace of God that we are sustained at any moment, and yet we have God's covenant word and promise concerning the sustenance and perpetuation of the world. "
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, it is now and ever shall be, WORLD WITHOUT END. AMEN! AMEN!
I grew up with the traditional Baptist view, typically referred to as " believers baptism ". It is theologically known as credobap...
Unbelievable! ...The extent man not founded upon Christ will go and follow in their quest and pursuit of self and attempts to explain away ...
Eckhart Tolle Christianity (Understanding Eckhart Tolle - Comparison / Difference with Christianity)I believe it important that both believers and unbelievers understand the difference between the teaching of Eckhart Tolle and Christianity....
W hile I've ceased being amazed at how often unbelievers argue against a gospel which is not the true gospel (which displays how great t...